Rugged Dual SAASM Heading System
The Geo-Pointer SAASM is a rugged, high-accuracy SAASM GPS-based heading system for use on applications where an inertial heading solution is difficult to obtain such as on stationary or slowly moving platforms. The system utilizes highly accurate relative positions between two GPS antennas mounted on a platform to compute precise heading information.
- Determines attitude of any rigid structure to which it is attached
- Completely autonomous – no external reference is needed for attitude
- Simple integration
- Calibration mode automatically computes antenna separation
- Not sensitive to magnetic field
- Complements inertial guidance systems in that there are no long term drifts
- Includes GPS antennas and cables
- Size/ Weight/ Power – 33.8 in3 (4.73 x 3.95 x 1.81) / 20 oz., 10 – 30 VDC @ 2 Amps min. (not including external IMU).
- Temperature Range – Specified: -20°C to +65°C | Operating: -40°C to +70°C.
- Interfaces – External power connector, 2 x TNC GPS antenna connectors, 1 Ethernet data port, 3 RS-232 serial ports, 1PPS output, 4 status LEDs, 2 x keyload connectors, 2 x zeroize buttons.
- Real-Time Data Output – Navigation solutions at 10 Hz. available via Ethernet, RS-232.
- Data Recording/Logging Navigation solutions, raw GPS data (for post-processing).
- Web User Interface (status, configuration, log, SW update).
- Geo-Pointing on-board sensors on static, low, and high dynamic platforms, such as aerostats, boats, and tanks
- Camera stabilization
- Antenna pointing
- Weaponry pointing