RTD-Pro adds Server/Client connectivity to RTD-Net enabling the distribution
of reference network data to the field.
RTD-Pro, Geodetics' flagship product, provides all of the capabilities of RTD-Net, adding server/client connectivity for conventional RTK clients with RTCM, CMR and CMR+ messaging, as well as Precise Instantaneous Network (PIN) positioning to PDA-based wireless clients using the unique Geodetics RTD-Rover product.
The RTD-Pro server delivers reference station data to conventional RTK rovers or to Geodetics' RTD Rover using several modes via a wireless connection and the Internet:
- Standard RTK Client mode delivers RTCM, CMR and CMR+ data from receivers in the reference network to RTK field users by assigning a unique TCP/IP port number to each reference site. Thus, the user can sequence between different ports to multiply determine position.
- Enhanced RTK Client mode delivers RTCM, CMR and CMR+ data from the closest site in the network based on a NMEA position message sent by the field receiver to the server.
- Smart Client mode communicates with RTD Rover. Unlike conventional network RTK (Standard and Enhanced), the positioning is performed on the field PDA using Geodetics' Precise Instantaneous Network (PIN) positioning technology and not in the receiver. Further, it is compatible with any dual-frequency GPS receiver.
Both the Standard and Enhanced options allow conventional RTK solutions and relieve the user of having to set up and maintain an RTK base station. RTK computations are performed in the field GPS receiver and are dependent on the built-in RTK system.
Zero initialization and re-initialization times makes the Smart Client approach ideal for many high-precision applications requiring real-time positioning of static and moving platforms (navigation), and makes precise GPS technology more accessible to "non-traditional" users as well as enhances emergency services and homeland security.
- Open system that works with GPS hardware of all major manufacturers
- Designed for real-time GPS sensor tracking applications
- Uses Epoch-by-Epoch® processing - no initialization or re-initialization required
- Centrally controls a network of static GPS receivers
- Tracks multiple moving objects in a GPS network environment
- Computes instantaneous positions for all receivers in a network
- Downloads and archives data with a full suite of communications options
- Serves conventional RTK applications with RTCM, CMR and CMR+ messaging
- Supports initialization-free wireless network RTK ("Smart Client")
- Supports a wide range of deformation monitoring applications
- Allows relative positioning between dynamic objects (no static base station required)